Ineos Manufacturing Belgium
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products, with sales today of around $60 billion. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its network spans 181 sites in 22 countries throughout the world where it employs more than 18.500 people.
We are looking for a HSSE Manager, who will be based at our site located in Lillo-Antwerp.
This person will manage the Lillo SHE Services in support of meeting legislative requirements and in response to performance issues or changes in the regulatory environment, will develop and implement an effective SHE program for the Lillo site, monitors the performance and takes action as required, ensures that the Lillo site reports and operates in line with the Ineos O&P SHE Directory.
Context and dimensions of the job
- As a high level Seveso company, Ineos Lillo is highly regulated and under close regulatory scrutiny. The job holder builds and maintains credibility with regulators and legislators through a professional and honest approach.
- Compliance with legislation and regulation is a key requirement. The jobholder monitors and takes required action whenever necessary in obtaining the license to operate.
- Assure a high level of behavioral safety and process safety standards in line with Ineos expectations.
- Deliver through clear leadership and influence a safe workplace.
- The operations are major hazard with potential to affect employees in safety and health. Clear process safety awareness, appreciation and commitment are essential.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Lead the HSSE department to ensure continuous improvement so that the Lillo site achieves its annual HSSE performance objectives.
- Recommend actions to the head of the Lillo Operations and senior staff to ensure that the site operates to predefined standards (ISRS, Ineos 20 SHE Principles, SHE Excellence).
- Organize the provision of a professional HSSE advisory service to meet regulatory requirements and to assist/guide management. Develop initiatives to influence site managers and all staff in delivering the short term and long term SHE performance. Develop cost effective strategies for Lillo’s environmental and climate change future liabilities.
- Monitor the development of policies, programs. Assure that the organization is compliant with all relevant Health Safety & Environmental legal requirements in accordance with the Belgian regional and national legislation (operating a hazard site) and European guidelines and the Ineos O&P expectations.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all required documents for the submission and regulatory approvals of operating permits and environmental licenses, and corporate commitments, and advises the leadership team on all necessary measures to take.
- Organize the investigation of industrial accidents, occupational diseases and environmental incidents and proposes corrective measures and follow-up procedures, and ensures that all risks are identified through risk assessments and audits, including the risk analysis related to extension or adjustments to the installations, and major investments.
- Set up, coordinate and maintains an internal emergency plan and organization, as part of the site emergency plan, and organize periodical training and exercises.
- Develop the further HSSE cascade process so all employees and contractors receive on a regular basis HSSE communication.
- Represents Lillo as an active member in; the HSSE network and other consultative bodies and study groups and during contacts with the Government and official institutes, O&P HSSE Managers meeting, Belgian HSSE single Site, VIBNA.
Skills and knowledge required
- University degree qualification in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering)
- Prevention Advisor level 1
- Environmental coordinator level A (advantageous)
- Several years of industrial experience / proven process safety experience in the chemical industry (advantageous)
- Good knowledge of license and regulator conditions
- Practical knowledge of computer and software (MS Office)
- Perfect knowledge of Dutch, good knowledge of English
- Ability to assess and balance risks to make an informed decision
- The ability to lead and influence others
- The ability to develop wide network and working relationships with managers and staff
- Organizational skills
- Analytical mind
- Eager to learn